ဗဟုသုတဟင္းေလးအိုး
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A few minutes

Go down

A few minutes Empty A few minutes

Post  mssingoy Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:19 am

A few minutesA few minutes later the mate came fumbling about in search of it, but I returned it Tory Burch Shoes privily to Leach next day. He grinned when I handed it over, yet it was a grin that contained more sincere thanks than a multitude of the verbosities of speech common to the members of my own class. Unlike any one else in the ship's company, I now found myself with no quarrels on my hands and in the good graces of all. The hunters possibly no more than tolerated me, though none of them disliked me; while Smoke and Henderson, convalescent under a deck awning and swinging day and night in their hammocks, assured me that I was better than any hospital nurse, and that they would not forget me at the end of the voyage when they were paid off. As though I stood in need of their money- I, who could have bought them out, bag and baggage, and the schooner and its equipment, a hundred times over! But upon me had devolved the task of tending their wounds and pulling them through, and I did my best by them. Wolf Larsen underwent another bad attack of headache, which lasted two days. He must have suffered severely, for Tory Burch Outlet he called me in and obeyed my commands like a sick child. But nothing I could do seemed to relieve him. At my suggestion, however, he gave up smoking and drinking, though why so magnificent an animal as he should have headaches at all puzzled me. ''T is the hand of God, I'm tellin' you,' was the way Louis saw it. ''T is a visitation for his black-hearted deeds, an' there's more behind an' comin', or else-' 'Or else,' I prompted. 'God is noddin' an' not doin' his duty, though it's me as shouldn't say it.' I was mistaken when I said that I was in the good graces of all. Not only did Thomas Mugridge continue to hate me, but he had discovered a new reason for hating me. It took me no little while to puzzle it out, but I finally discovered that it was because I was more luckily born than he- 'gentleman born,' he put it. 'And still no more dead men,' I twitted Louis, when Smoke and Henderson, side by side, in friendly conversation, took their first exercise on deck. Louis surveyed me with his shrewd gray eyes and shook his head portentously. 'She's a-comin', I tell you, an' it'll be sheets an' halyards, stand by all hands, when she begins to howl. I've had the feel iv it this long time, an' I can feel it now as plainly as I feel the riggin' iv a dark night. She's close, she's close.' 'Who goes first?' I queried. 'Not old fat Louis, I promise you,' he laughed. 'For 't is in the bones iv me I Tory Burch Flats know that come this time next year I'll be gazin' in the old mother's eyes, weary with watchin' iv the sea for the five sons she gave to it.' 'Wot's'e been s'yin' to yer?'

mssingoy

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum